Farmington Farms Tennis club offers a comprehensive and progressive junior program for juniors interested in learning tennis. Our Professionals are all certified instructors who enjoy teaching and sharing their knowledge of tennis. The clinics are divided by both age and skill level, and we also offer match play.
USTA 10 & Under
The USTA has instituted the 10 & under tennis utilizing the red, orange, and green ball system for learning on a smaller progressing to a regulation size court. The benefit of this system is that it gets children to learn and enjoy playing the game quickly!
Red ball 5&7 year olds using 30’ court and small nets.
Orange ball 7-10 year olds using 60’ court and regular net.
Green ball 10-12 year olds using 78’ court and regular net.
Player Development Program (PDP)
Ages 12-18 is for competitive juniors looking to improve their skills and USTA play. Footwork, stroke production, high percentage tennis tactics, mental toughness will be included. Player Development Program level 1 includes beginners to intermediates. PDP level 2 includes intermediate through High School players.
High Performance Tennis (HPT)
Top high school players and New England ranked players will be pushed in competitive learning situations. High percentage tactics, footwork, fitness, mental toughness, patterns of play, doubles, and specialty shots will all be covered.
Teams are forming again this coming October. Notify Cristina and Bret. We will give you the information you need to sign up with the USTA.
To be a well rounded player you must have match experience. Private, and group lessons create good strokes and point tactics but a player must learn how to play matches and deal with their emotions, learn how to adjust strategies, figure out strengths and weaknesses and court etiquette and fair play.
Farmington Farms Junior Player Privileges
- free court time Monday through Friday 1-5 and Saturday & Sunday 3 to 7pm.
- Players may not reserve a court in advance. They may call in advance to find out if a court is available. However, if they book court time they must pay for it. Available courts are on a first come first serve basis.
- Junior members must check in at the front desk and sign up for a court. (This will protect them from being bumped).
- Player must be a member in good standing.
- Player must be younger than 18 years old.
- If a junior arrives with an adult and they wish to play together the adult must be a member and must pay his/her share of the court fee.
- If a junior arrives to play with a non-member on an available court, the non-member, adult or junior, must pay a guest fee and his/her share of the court times.
- Available only during Sept. 1 through May 31st. (Winter Season)
Junior Tennis Director
Bret Smith (Junior Tennis Director)
- Over 30 years Teaching and Coaching experience
- Over 20 years of USPTA Pro Level-1 certification
- USPTR certified
- 4 years coaching Simsbury High School Tennis Team
- Held Collegiate national and New England rankings