The goal of this program is to introduce swimmers to the sport of competitive swimming and all four of the competitive swimming strokes.
The Fall 2016-2017 season is fast approaching, we will begin practice on November 2nd, 2016. We have altered the structure of the team this year in order to create more efficient practices as well as the ability to give swimmers the most of their time here.
The schedule is as follows:
November 2nd, first day of practices.
Practice will be on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, the following are the age groups time slots:
5:00-5:45pm- 8 and under
7:45-9pm- 13 and over
We will not hold practice on November 11th.
DECEMBER 11th MEET INFORMATION:
Things to remember:
Parents: Please stay off the pool deck. Please be Silent for the start of each race,once the race begins then feel free to cheer as loud and enthusiastically as you like. Please no Flash Photography
Swimmers: Please sit with the team and stay on the pool deck, if you leave the pool deck please tell a coach. Please clean up after yourselves, bringing snacks and a drink is suggested but lets not leave a mess. Please report to Coach Tucker to get your next Race card, all the Coaches know what you’re swimming next but you need a card to get your race time recorded.
1. December 3rd, meet is hosted by Enfield. The meet start 8:15am, pool deck arrival is 8:00am–COMPLETED
2. December 11th, meet is hosted by Jewish Community Center, Springfield, MA. The meet start time is 12:00pm, pool deck arrival time is 11:15am.
3. December 17th, meet is hosted by Rocky Hill. The meet start time is 8:15am, pool deck arrival time is 8:00am.
4. January 21st, meet is hosted by Windsor. The meet start time is 8:15am, pool deck arrival time is 8:00am.
Championships will be held on:
1. B Championships, February 5th, place TBD
2. A Championships, February 12th, place TBD
Snow date February 19th.
Swim Suit Information:
5:15-5:45pm, 9 and 10
Please see below, the link will take you to the parent handbook.
Winter Swim Clinic:
We offering a Winter Swim clinic, please see the flyer below and please call Stephanie Calamari at 860-677-2489 with any questions.
NOW OFFERING DRY LAND
This season we are able to run dry land, please see the flyer below, if you have questions please call Stephanie Calamari at 860-677-2489
The banquet will be held in February, as stated in my email I would like to have parents help with the organization of the banquet, could you please email me if you can be a part of the planning.